7 Completely FREE Traffic Generation Techniques!
If you've just started up a new online business, and you're looking for ways to generate traffic to your website, here are a few handy tips to help you get started...
Oh, and they're all completely free!
1. Articles - All you need to do to utilise this method is write an article centred on your business or product, and then submit it to an article directory such as GoArticles.com, articlecity.com, free-articles-zone.com, EzineArticles.com, of course! You can then include a link that directs readers back to your website.
2. Press Releases - Very similar to the article method, free online public relations agencies like free-press-release.com and prfree.com will add your press release to a variety of different websites (assuming they like it, of course) and they'll allow you to include your link as well. You just need to make sure your press release is unique and interesting.
3. Blogging - Free, easy to start, update and maintain, and requiring no web design skills, blogs can be a hugely effective tool for generating interest in your website, and therefore free traffic. More importantly, blogs are loved by the search engines because of the way they're structured, the amount of relative content they contain and the fact that they're constantly updated. A great place for you to start would be either blogger.com or WordPress.com.
4. Social Networking - Sites like Twitter and Facebook provide a fantastic way of promoting your business and building positive relationships with people interested in your niche. All you need to do is sign up and locate people in a similar industry to you, or people who show an interest in what you have to offer. You can then include your website link on your Facebook and Twitter pages, so all of your friends and followers can visit your site whenever they feel like it. The more friends and followers you have, the more sales you'll inevitably make.
5. Forums - The use of forums is another free technique that's very easy to get started with. As I'm sure you're aware, forums are sites where people with a common interest gather to discuss their pet topic, review new products, and so on. They are also a great way of gaining some free publicity for your site and generating back links at the same time. To find a forum related to your product, I'd suggest taking a look at Big-Boards.com or Forumshowcase.com.
6. Email Signatures - A very old method, but it still works! Placing your website address at the bottom of each email you send is a simple, highly effective and a completely free way of boosting traffic to your website. By attaching your URL to your signature, every email you send will be an advertisement for your website! The amount of people who see your advertisement can then snowball when the email is forwarded onto the recipient's friends, and then onto their friends, and so on.
7. Videos - Online video sites like YouTube have exploded in recent years, and the reason for this is because they provide a fantastic opportunity to attract hordes of qualified traffic to your website, at virtually no cost! If you'd like to try out a free way of promoting your website via video, take a look at Animoto.com. You can create a brilliant 30-second video with images, completely free, and then upload it to YouTube for the whole world to see!
So then, if you'd like to drive more targeted traffic towards your new website, I'd suggest you adopt every single one of these promotional techniques, because quite simply, they work!
Nick Cobb - Freelance Copywriter
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Nick_Cobb